Monday 10 February 2014

REMEMBERING NITAI


"Let me always remember that brightly smiling face of Sri
Nityananda Prabhu, whose beautiful movement ridicules the graceful gait of an elephant. His cloth resembles a cluster of blue lotus flowers and His bodily effulgence conquers the splendor of the rising moon at sunset. His prema-saturated rolling eyes defeat the pride of a restless khanjana bird." Sri Nityananda Dhyana 



When the sky
starts to strip the night,
and its dark mantle slowly retrieves
the foliage thickens in the shadows
 as if clusters of bleak clouds,
I run through the meadows
toward the dawning light
with growing anticipation
in this land 
where Your smile outshines
even the Sun,
but the time is passing,
so, I glum
tomorrow, once afar,
what will I do ?
when unable to come,
to marvel at You in blue,
when unable to call You out
amidst the crowd,
leaping  with a raised hand
behind a wave of heads
in clouds of heat and sweat
and to chant
lauding  Your form,
how many times
will my mind return ?

Again and again I will walk 
on this chequered-floor
behind my eyelids
when with eyes closed
I'll be back here to whisper
my prayers,  as now,
by dancing steps,
swaying, to attract Your glance
while fancying in my mind
to bury my head in petals hills
there, at your feet,
thirsty of the nectar
that has touched your skin;
yet  now I can take in
this water and also the air
You bathed in,
but once away
what will  be of my day?

Wanderer among memories
I hope to lose my way
in the unfathomable streets
of this place
where from Lord’s eternal bedstead
You fell in His embrace.

No comments:

Post a Comment