Wednesday 23 October 2013

INDULEKHA

This is the nature of Goloka, Krishna’s world.  Even in His absence the residents want to stay. None want to go anywhere else.”  Sri Brhad Bhagavatamrita III 6.366


Dedicated to Indulekha (Asta-sakhi)
, whose Prosita-bhartrka (bhava)  inspired this poem : "When Krishna leaves Vrindavana and goes to Mathura, not returning even after many days have elapsed, then the heroine becomes most miserable and suffers terribly in His separation." from Srimati Radharani by HH B. Purusottama Swami




~~~

I will roll in dust
left by your wheels
and bathe in kunds of tears,
I will still run the path to the forest
believing to hear a melody,
I will still peer out the window
to rediscover the instants of your return
and hear your voice
amidst a turmoil
of bellowing and laughter,
I will still see your eyes
because I’ll see what you saw
this valley, these trees, the groves,
motionless at what You gazed
the  line  where the green earth kisses
the blue sky,
I will still call your name
In the ears of my friends
because of irresistible desire,
there are no seasons,
only this scorching summer
without the rainy cloud of your skin
now giving pleasure to a land
stranger to our love
 I will still wait
for you to come
I will never leave Vrindavan.




No comments:

Post a Comment