Thursday 6 August 2015

TEMPLE of GRATITUDE







"Every living entity, especially persons in the human race, must feel grateful for the benedictions offered by the grace of the Supreme Lord." Srila Prabhupada -  S B 2.3.21







In many ways
I could sing
my gratitude to you,
the words could be
written on leaves
to be blown every day in the wind
as a prayer;
or I could incise with gratitude
barks and woods
as mementos, reminding me
how much I owe you;
or I could engrave my gratitude
in gold
like the love for the Lord
you gave us, that you spoke tirelessly of,
or I could mould my gratitude
in bronze
to make it strong, unfailing
like the shelter you gave;
I could also sculpt it in marble,
white like the purity and faith
that made you a warrior
without stains;
or I could take
the wood, the marble, the gold and all,
and with them inlay 
 the wall
of my temple of gratitude,
to endure time,
like the certitude
you've instilled in our souls
of a spiritual world;
But I have a stony heart
what can I do?
Since you see only the good
in whatever one has,
I carved in there, in stone,
my gratitude.
Even heart-shaped stones
last forever
and certainly – whenever,
can convey a message of love.





Your spiritual grand-daughter with gratitude, 
MadhavaLata dd


No comments:

Post a Comment