Tuesday 9 December 2014

JUST A MILK-FED BOY ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

SB 10.46.22 “When we see the places where Mukunda enjoyed His sporting pastimes –the rivers, hills and forests he decorated with His feet – our minds become totally absorbed in Him.”


Inspired by HH Gour Govinda Maharaja’s class “Uddhava Sandesa

Uddhava went to Vraja and met with Nanda Baba as asked by Krishna.  Nanda Baba and all the Brajvasis are burning in the fire of separation from Krishna, so Uddhava tries to console Nanda Baba by telling him that Krishna is God, Bhagavan and is not his son.
SB 10.46.42 "The Supreme Lord Hari is certainly not your son alone. Rather, being the Lord, He is the son, Soul, father and mother of everyone."

But  Nanda Baba absorbed in parental love for Krishna sees Krishna only as his boy.

Listen at the music : https://soundcloud.com/mauro-auaro/just-a-milk-fed-boy   ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫


JUST A MILK FED BOY

I still survive
in this house,
as a prisoner of memories,
and there - outside
all exists in this taste of tears,
from the trees I still hear
his voice calling the cows
and  on the way to the river
his footprints  are still on the ground.

To you I ask : why He has not come?
Does He remember those
once He loved?
It seems you do not see
this burning flame of despair
his absence took away
our life air,
what you have said is odd
my child is just a boy
is not God,
he is fickle, greedy, a liar
eats a lot of yogurt and butter
he has many desires…
the self-controlled Supreme
is  truthful and hunger free
my restless son is a thief
of milk cream
and the Almighty God is self satisfied,  
while my  helpless  son depends
on  his mother and I ...
just a small, tender boy,
a simple child, playing a flute –
how the worshipable Lord
would carry on his head my shoes?

yet.. yes, it’s true ..
I've seen him
killing just by a kick,
and raising the hill
on his tiny fingertip
has the power of a deva, maybe,
also Indra wondered
on what he could do with his limbs; (1)
he has left so to kill wicked kings
but he is a milk fed kid
he has petal-like soft feet
the sweetest smile ever seen
he is my son,
“Baba” he calls me!

O Uddhava, my heart is broken,
for the treasure I have lost,
love when unspoken
no words can console
and your clumsy attempts
are doing worse
because along with my son,
you are saying,
I have also lost Bhagavan!





(1)  Gopala Campu 18.10  - Hearing this Indra spoke with a pale face : "… No one else is able to do what You do with Your limbs."


No comments:

Post a Comment