Thursday 14 August 2014

ONE SPECK OF DUST!

SB 4.20.25 "My dear Lord, You are glorified by the selected verses uttered by great personalities. Such glorification of Your lotus feet is just like saffron particles. When the transcendental vibration from the mouths of great devotees carries the aroma of the saffron dust of Your lotus feet, the forgetful living entity gradually remembers his eternal relationship with You. Devotees thus gradually come to the right conclusion about the value of life. My dear Lord, I therefore do not need any other benediction but the opportunity to hear from the mouth of Your pure devotee." 





One speck of Prabhupada’s dust
is all I want
to place on my tongue
to always speak the glories
of the Lord,
in this way the grain will multiply
to storm with compassion
and love the humankind,
His Divine Grace so desired.

And one more I need
from his Lotus feet
to put in my ears
to properly hear
the chanting, the sound
that he so mercifully
has brought down.
And one more speck
I wish to have
to keep in my heart
so this rascal and crook
will become a worthy recipient
of the message in his books.
Oh, one more grain of dust 
I beg to receive from his  palms
to hold in my hands
so to give, give, give
as he tirelessly did.
Still one more I desire
to place on my eyes
thus to see in every condition
the way to serve with Bhakti
his transcendental mission.

And once more again
I plead, for one grain
of his dust and with faith
I will treasure it in my mind
so as to always be reminded
of the Lord and His Name
because for spreading It
His Divine Grace came.
I remain a beggar
of Srila Prabhupada’s dust
in those streets of love
 he has opened for all of us.




No comments:

Post a Comment